This has become an absolute favourite of mine. My husband has mastered this recipe. On the days I don’t feel like cooking, or am just too busy, he will often whip up this for dinner.
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp soya sauce
- 2 Tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbsp white wine ( if this isn’t available I use apple juice )
- 2 Tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- sesasme seeds for garnish
- 2 lbs of chicken in small pieces (I like to use thighs which I cut up with a poultry scissor)
- 1 Tsp olive oil
1/2 cup (110g) butter
5 oz (150g) semisweet chocolate chips
3 eggs, separated
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1 tbsp (8g) unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1 1/2 tbsp (12g) cornstarch
2/3 cup (160ml) warm milk
1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
2 shots of espresso
1/2 tbsp (5g) gelatin powder
2 tbsp cold water
1 cup (240g) whipping cream
1. Grease and line a 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan with parchment paper. Separate egg yolks from whites. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler until smooth. Let it cool slightly. Add yolks one at a time and stir well.Stir in cocoa powder vanilla and salt.
3. Whip egg whites until foamy using a mixer. Gradually add sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped whites into chocolate mixture.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Let it cool completely in the pan over a cooling rack.
5. Prepare the coffee mousse. Stir egg yolks with sugar until creamy and pale yellow coloured. Stir in cornstarch. Gradually whisk in the warm milk until completely combined.
6. Place the yolks mixture into a small saucepan and cook over low heat while stirring until boils and thickens.
7. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and espresso. Let it cool.
8. Dissolve gelatin in 2 tbsp cold water and let it swell for about 5 to 10 minutes. Place over low heat just until the gelatin dissolves and then pour it over coffee mixture.
9. Whip the the cold whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Gradually incorporate into coffee mixture.
10. Spread the coffee mousse over the chocolate cake in the pan.
11. Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hrs or overnight to set before serving.
12. Run a warm knife around the edges of the cake to remove the sides of the pan.
13. Dust the top of the cake with cocoa powder.
14. Using a warm knife cut the cake into slices and serve.
Best Belgian Waffles
Are you looking for a great waffle recipe, look no further. We had breakfast for dinner and tried out this new recipe. It’s a keeper.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. In a separate bowl mix egg yolks, milk, vanilla extract and butter. Add to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into mixture. Serve the waffles with summer fresh berry sauce and whipping cream.
I used to work at a restaurant that made the best coleslaw ever! After trying different combinations I finally came up with a recipe that tastes just like the coleslaw at White Spot. I use 2 tbsp of dressing for 1 cup of chopped white cabbage. Sprinkle cabbage with some celery seeds and add 1 tsp sunflower seeds.
The cabbage should be the size of confetti, any smaller and it ends up like the slaw at KFC. 4 grams of carbs per serving in the dressing.
- 3/4 cup salad dressing ( miracle whip )
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 drops stevia
These are delicious! I’ve also used this recipe for the base of a pizza crust.
Low Carb Cheese and Garlic Biscuits
- 1/3 cups finely ground almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes ( optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Add yogurt, egg, and cheddar cheese. Spoon onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. If you are using for the base of a pizza, spread thinly onto parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 12 minutes. Add your pizza toppings and bake for an additional 10 minutes.